[web_stories title="false" excerpt="false" author="false" date="false" archive_link="true" archive_link_label="" circle_size="150" sharp_corners="false" image_alignment="left" number_of_columns="1" number_of_stories="5" order="DESC" orderby="post_title" view="circles" /]
Everything Alec Baldwin Has Said About the Rust Shooting
Alec Baldwin’s pretend gun exploded on Rust’s set in 2021, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza. Alec Baldwin Denies Beseeching Fans. Since then, the authorities have been investigating how a live round got into the 64-year-old actor’s gun, why crew members who inspected it on set didn’t spot it, and why it fired.
Nobody has been charged. In September 2018, Santa Fe district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies named four “potential defendants”—Baldwin and three others—and requested more cash from the New Mexico Board of Finance.
Baldwin and Rust Productions settled with Hutchins’ estate last October. “We have settled our wrongful death complaint against Rust producers Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC, subject to court approval. Hutchins’s husband Matt said in a statement that the settlement will drop their complaint.
“In January 2023, Rust, which I will executive produce, will resume filming with all the original major players.” “No interest in indulging in recriminations or attribution of blame [to the producers or Baldwin],” he added. We all think Halyna died in a horrific accident. He added, “I’m grateful that the producers and entertainment world have joined together to honor Halyna’s final work.”
Baldwin and other Rust film crew members may be charged for Hutchins’ death on Thursday (19 January) by a New Mexico prosecutor. District attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies’ spokesman called the verdict “solemn.” Baldwin’s Rust shooting statements are below.
- 8 People Injured During a Shooting at MLK Day Event in Fort Pierce Florida Authorities Say
- Deputies Identify Woman Killed in Seminole County Shooting That Injured Multiple People
Baldwin’s post-Hutchins statement. Baldwin’s first remark after the tragedy was: “There are no words to communicate my sorrow and anguish regarding the horrible accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother, and greatly loved colleague of ours.
I’m helping the police investigate this tragedy and supporting her husband and his family. I grieve for her husband, their son, and all who loved Halyna.” Baldwin denied shooting Hutchins. Baldwin termed his hour-and-a-half interview with ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos “intense,” “emotional,” and “very candid” after Hutchins’ death on Rust.
Baldwin said he “didn’t” shoot the cinematographer on site. “I didn’t pull the trigger,” he added. “I would never shoot anyone.” He continued: “Someone put a live bullet in a gun—a bullet that wasn’t even authorized to be on the property.”
Stephanopoulos questioned him whether this was the “worst thing to have ever happened to him” and he agreed. “Yes,” Baldwin said, “‘I think back, I think: ‘What might I have done?’” Baldwin stated he “couldn’t give a s***” if Rust shooting ended his career.
Baldwin told ABC News that his family is “all he has” and he “couldn’t give a f***” about his profession after Hutchins’ death on Rust. “I dream about this regularly now. “I wake up to gunfire,” he told Stephanopoulos. “I’m exhausted. I’ve struggled physically. I’m exhausted.
“I might have murdered myself if I thought I was responsible, and I don’t say that lightly,” Baldwin added. “I couldn’t give a s*** about my job anymore. “You’ve had hundreds of millions of gunshots fired on film and TV sets, and four or five people were killed,” he said.
“Those deaths are terrible. I’ll do anything to undo it. I don’t know how that bullet entered that rifle. Unsure. I support anything that prevents this from happening again.” Baldwin denounced “crap press” and denied shooting Rust.
Baldwin denied shooting Hutchins on the Rust set in August 2022, calling the press “crap.” Baldwin discussed the event on The Chris Cuomo Project. “Journalism has changed,” Baldwin said to Cuomo. “This is a miracle with you. No more conversation. Everything can be condemned again.”
The actor added: “I used to assume that The Post was something that cops and firemen and doormen read for the sports page.“Nothing matters. Your enemies. I mean anything Murdoch and anything Post.” “Every single individual on the film set knows what happened,” he said. “The LA Times, The Hollywood Reporter, they ramble on and on about ‘what if this?’ and ‘what if that’.”
Baldwin denied pulling the trigger in his December 2021 Stephanopoulos interview, which Cuomo questioned. People won’t understand that. “They say well then someone fired it, and it’s in your hands,” Cuomo said. Baldwin explained “fanning a gun,” a shooting technique. In Westerns, someone would fan the gun’s hammer.
“The hammer didn’t lock, you drew it back to an extent where it would shoot the round without you pushing the trigger, without you locking the hammer,” he explained. “The film’s chief safety officer gave me the revolver and said it was safe. The film’s chief safety officer said, “This is a cold gun,” in front of everyone.
Baldwin lost five jobs after Rust’s shooting. Baldwin said in August 2022 that the Rust incident cost him acting gigs and “years” of his life due to stress. Baldwin told CNN that the incident, which he denies, cost him five jobs.
“I was laid off yesterday,” he said. I was ready to see a movie and fly. I’ve been talking with these individuals for months and they told me yesterday we don’t want to shoot the film with you because of this.” According to the actor, these claims have “ripped years off my life”.
“There’s just this stream of people assaulting me who don’t know the facts,” he remarked. The 30 Rock actor revealed that his wife, Hilaria Baldwin, saved him from quitting movies. “I don’t know where I’d be without my wife,” he remarked.
“If I didn’t have her, I probably would have resigned, retired, gone off, sold all I owned, found a place in the middle of nowhere, and simply did something else, sell real estate.” Baldwin said the media made the aftermath of the set shooting that killed Hutchins “tough.”
Baldwin blamed the media for making Hutchins’ death more “tough” in October 2022. I never imagined this would happen. The cast knows what transpired. Everyone. “And yet the news depiction has, by and large, obviated all of that,” he added.
“Although this case had only two victims, I find it impossible to accept the insistence of so many that I woke up that day and broke every safety precaution I had mastered over 40 years. The source of live ammo remains unknown.”
Baldwin told Hilaria, “I cannot imagine how life would be right now without you.” Baldwin sued to “clean his name” in the fatal Rust shooting. Baldwin sued three Rust crew members in November 2022 for Hutchins’ tragic on-set shooting.
Baldwin filed a cross-complaint in Los Angeles Superior Court after script supervisor Mamie Mitchell sued. The new petition blamed film armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, first assistant director David Halls, prop master Sarah Zachry, weapons supplier Seth Kenney, and his firm PDQ Arm & Prop for the shooting.