[web_stories title="false" excerpt="false" author="false" date="false" archive_link="true" archive_link_label="" circle_size="150" sharp_corners="false" image_alignment="left" number_of_columns="1" number_of_stories="5" order="DESC" orderby="post_title" view="circles" /]
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Release Date & More Updates!
The longest-running American sitcom, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, debuted on August 4, 2005. The plot revolves around “The Gang,” a group of five eccentric buddies created by Rob McElhenney and Glenn Howerton. Members of “The Gang” are known for their reckless consumption of alcohol and drugs, as well as their self-centeredness, ruthlessness, and conceit.
The conspiracies they concoct are usually convoluted, and they often pit one another against one another for personal gain, revenge, or the simple satisfaction of witnessing the downfall of a rival. As a result, they routinely inflict both mental, emotional, and physical pain on each other and anybody else who gets in their way.
The sitcom moved to FXX from its ninth season in 2013 after 15 years of entertaining viewers. The show’s 14th season was completed in November 2019 and was renewed for a 15th season in May of 2020 by the show’s producers. December 2021 saw the release of the 15th season of the popular television series. Additionally, the producers have decided to extend the show for another four seasons.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Release Date
For four more seasons in 2020, the show was resurrected in Dec. 2021 and the 15th season was published a year later in the same year as its renewal. FXX has yet to make an official statement about the 16th season. Assuming all goes as planned, a new season of the show could air in November or December 2022. We’ll keep you informed of any developments relating to the show.
16 years ago today, ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ premiered ☀️
When its 15th season airs, it will become the longest-running live-action comedy series in American television history 📺
The best episode is: _____________ pic.twitter.com/HU3TYZrrkz
— Post Cred Pod (@PostCredPod) August 4, 2021
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Cast
The main leads from previous seasons will continue with their roles. They are:
- Charlie Day returns as Charlie Kelly. He is also the show’s creator and co-owner of Paddy’s club. He is an alcoholic and drug addict and can’t read or write English properly. Charlie was often caught smoking crack or paints and eating cat food and stickers that aren’t suited for human consumption.
- Glenn Howerton returns as Dennis Reynolds. Glenn is the show’s creator and co-owner of Paddy’s club. Dennis is narcissistic, shallow, hypersexual, greedy, and rude, making him the most psychopathic among the five friends.
- Rob McElhenney as Ronald Mac McDonald. He is also the show’s creator alongside Charlie and Glenn and co-owner of Paddy’s club. Dennis is Charlie’s childhood friend and acts as Bouncer.
- Kaitlin Olson as Deandra Sweet Dee Reynolds. Dennis’ twin sister Dee works as a waitress at Paddy’s Pub. Though she is portrayed initially as the group’s voice of reason, she progressively loses any sense of moral fortitude. Throughout the series, she is regularly revealed to be just as bigoted and wicked as her male friends.
- Danny De Vito as Frank Reynolds. Frank, who first appeared in the second season, is Dennis and Dee’s legal father. He was once a successful businessman with a long history of unlawful activities and dealings with shady persons, but he opted to leave that life behind and seek redemption.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Storyline
Recently, the 15th season of the show came to an end in December of this year. In the previous season’s finale, “The Gang Carrying a Corpse up a Mountain” was the name of the series. A hiking trip was organized by Charlie for Mac, Dennis, Dee, and Frank. It was eventually determined that Charlie’s new father was deceased. Because of this, Charlie enlisted the help of the gang to perform an Irish custom for the dead.
In the upcoming season, the Gang may face a new set of humor, drama, and tragedy. Season 16 of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” will see the Gang embark on a slew of new escapades as part of the ongoing plotline.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Trailer
FXX has scheduled more seasons of the sitcom for 2020. December 10, 2020, will be confirmed as the premiere date for Season 16 of “It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.” Because of the success of the show, there may be many more seasons in the future, which is good news for fans.
Development of the script is scheduled to be finished. Production and post-production can take a long time to finish, on the other hand, As a result, the show is expected to premiere in November or December of 2022. Your favorite sitcom can be found in its past seasons on DVD or the internet. If something changes, we’ll let you know.
The previous season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia may have piqued your interest. Tell us what you think about the next season in the comments section below. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Premiere Date information will be posted here regularly, so be sure to check back often.